Submission Guidelines: 4th Annual Occupational Health & Safety Student Research Conference
This event gives students an opportunity to showcase their occupational health and safety research. Students may choose to present a poster or give a 3-minute research presentation. The deadline to submit your interest in either a poster or 3-minute presentation is February 22, 2019.
Students must also register for the event. Click here to register (coming soon).
Guidelines for Posters:
- Display boards are approximately 4′ x 6′.
- Students will stand by their posters during the designated poster session.
Guidelines for 3-Minute Research Presentations:
- The “3-minute thesis” format will be used (see instructions below).
3-Minute Thesis Format
This concept is modelled off a competition that began at the University of Queensland, Australia, and is now being used across the U.S. – including here at the University of Iowa. The rules are as follows:
- The speaker is allowed one PowerPoint slide which remains on the screen throughout the presentation.
- The speaker has to be finished in 3 minutes.
- The presentation is meant to be an engaging explanation of the research accomplished or to be accomplished.
- The presentation should be understandable to a non-specialist audience.
- The presentation will not be judged (so no pressure).
Guidance, suggestions, and video examples (past winners of the UI 3-Minute Thesis competition) can be found here.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com